We're currently working on re-doing the entirety of the DapperGoose Network server!
Stay tuned for updates, but it should be done Summer 2024.
P.S. if you're a developer skilled with Java, Redis, MongoDB, and Django programming, you might be able to help us! Message radialbog9 on Discord for more info.
1. Respect all players
All players deserve to be spoken to and interacted with respectfully.
Being respectful disallows these things:
- Discrimination - negative comments related to skin colour, gender, or other personal qualities
- Overuse of bad language
- Insulting other players in any way
- Encouraging violence or hatred towards other players
- Spreading false information about other players
- Sharing another player's personal information without their consent
- Media Advertising - posting links to social media platforms or other services
- Spamming - pasting the same or similar messages over and over
- Intentionally avoiding the chat filter
- Talking about self-harm, or other deeply negative experiences (if you need our help then make a ticket on our Discord and we'll try our best)
- Advertising giveaways
- Harassment of helpers, moderators and admins, and any YouTuber or other content creator
- Discussion of inappropriate topics
- Using bot/automated accounts to accomplish any of the above
2. No cheating and exploiting bugs
We disallow any unfair cheats and exploiting bugs because it gives players an unfair advantage.
Any bug on the server or within Minecraft that is used to gain an in-game advantage over other players is seen as unfair and is not allowed. This is to ensure that bugs that do arise are not used in an abusive manner to gain an unfair advantage in games.
This means no matter where they are on the server, regardless of the reason, cheats or exploits that give an unfair advantage to gameplay are prohibited.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Auto-clickers / Macros / Rapid-fire mouse buttons
- Disallowed mods
- Hacked clients
- Encouraging cheating
There are certain modifications that are allowed which include:
- Performance improvement mods (e.g FPS improvement mods)
- Aesthetic mods (e.g shaders)
- Armour and Effect status mods
- Brightness and gamma adjustment mods
All mods are used at your own risk. The server staff reserve the right to punish any player they believe to be breaking the rules.
If you find a bug or server exploit, report it to an admin on our Discord.
3. No inappropriate user content
We disallow any content which may cause discomfort to others. This includes:
- Moderate/severe swearing
- Racial slurs and other exceedingly inappropriate language
- Phallic or otherwise inappropriate builds
It does not matter where the content is placed, whether it be in chat, on signs, in item names, or build.
A minor in-chat offence will, in the first instance, be punished with a temporary mute, and in subsequent instances a temporary ban. Depending on the severity of the incident or previous punishment history, staff members reserve the right to change the punishment severity as they see fit.
For offences involving builds, the offending build will be removed and (if on creative) the plot will be reset. Depending on the severity or previous punishment history, such offending builds will result in a temporary ban.
4. Do not evade punishments
A punishment decision by a staff member is final. Do not try to use alt accounts or other methods to evade punishment. All accounts involved will be punished with increased severity.
Staff are perfectly within their rights to modify punishment lengths based on what they see fit. However, we do tell the staff of the advised punishment lengths below:
- Player disrespect: Warn -> 5-10min mute -> Kick -> 3-7 day ban
- Exploit: [Depending on severity] 3-7 day ban | 30-60 day ban | Permanent ban
- Inappropriate content: (If build) Build/plot removal or (if chat) 30-minute mute -> 3-7 day ban -> 30-day ban
- Mute evasion: 7-day ban on all accounts involved
- Ban evasion: Permanent ban on all accounts involved and/or IP ban